Since 1929
Milton and Fossie Odem purchased the original theater in September 1929, bringing motion pictures to downtown Redmond at the dawn of the sound era.
The current Odem building opened in 1937 in what had been Mannheimer's dry goods store — the storefront pictured here.
Remodeled in 1947, the Odem got the vertical marquee sign that still marks downtown Redmond today. That's Roy Rogers' Bells of San Angelo on the marquee in this shot of a parade passing by out front.
The original channel letters — pulled down, stored, and rediscovered — before they went back up to spell out ODEM over the sidewalk again.
Press / Team
Staff bios, press mentions, and awards weren't part of the current site — this is a placeholder section, ready for real content whenever it's available.